Chevron background

Monday, June 11, 2012

Just an everyday super hero life....

Can you believe I'm back already? What? What? I'm spoiling you dear reader! So, the absolute best part of being a photographer is that it's fun. I mean it's really fun. Sometimes it's hard, challenging, exhausting and stressful, but mostly it's fun. Add to that mix two sweet little boys in superhero capes and you get a double dose of fun. So let me introduce you to Christian and Connor. Now if you've followed my work for any amount of time you're probably familiar with them. I've photographed them a few times before and every time we've had a really fun shoot. We've used guitars, drums, pirates and and a Pinocchio costume (complete with puppet strings.) How can we not have fun?


First of all they're my buds and their mom and I go way back. As a matter of fact we graduated high school together fifteen years ago. Just typing that makes me feel old. Now I normally wouldn't expose personal information about my clients in a public blog but I know this is a cause very dear to Jen's heart and that awareness and education is something she is passionate about. I know she has fought hard to help her son and she's done an amazing job with him. Connor has autism. This is something that is deeply close to my heart as well and I hope to see a cure very soon. Autism effect one in 110 children. Those numbers are increasing every year. It is a growing problem within our society and without proper diagnosis and treatment these kids don't have much chance. These children are misunderstood and often times overlooked by society. It's easier to ignore a problem than fix it. But this problem is so huge that we can no longer just ignore it. I've never met an autistic person that hasn't captured my heart. Connor is no exception. He is one of the most brilliant kids I've ever met. I could honestly sit and talk to him all day. He has more knowledge about trains and transformers than Wikipedia. He explains things to me with such passion and and he looks at life with wonder and amazement. Not to mention, he's more polite than any adult I've ever met. In my book, he really is a super hero no cape needed.

Now, the little feller is pretty special too. That's Christian and he is equally awesome in his own right. He's funny. Laugh out loud funny. And he's so sweet and adorable. He's easy to photograph to just be four years old. I'm sure his momma might say otherwise, but he follows everything I tell him and is always agreeable. Children are such enrichment to our lives and these two boys have certainly made mine better just by knowing them. we had a lot of fun during this session (they got to see a train) and I can't wait to see what is next for us.









For more information on Autism visit http://www.autismspeaks.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment